Graves Circuit Clerk's Office Announces New Hours
By West Kentucky Star Staff
MAYFIELD - Graves County Circuit Court Clerk Emily Ward Buzanis has announced new office hours for the Circuit Court Clerk's Office, due to the latest Supreme Court order.

The new hours, along with additional information, is as follows:

Clerk’s Office (Court side)
Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (closed from 12:00-12:30 for lunch)
Friday 9:00 am - 12:00 noon

Driver’s License
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 3:30 pm (open during lunch)

Additional driver’s license information:

•Pursuant to SC order, if your driver’s license expired between March 1 and September 30, 2020 you must renew remotely by using form TC 94-191. This form must be used by anyone renewing a regular class D or M license or permit or an ID card. (If you are changing your name or address or if you hold a CDL license, you will need to make an office visit and provide the required documentation.) The TC 94-191 forms are available online at or on the front porch of the courthouse. You may mail the form and your payment to the Circuit Clerk’s Office at 100 East Broadway, Mayfield, KY 42066 or leave the form and payment in the secure drop box located by the front doors of the courthouse. Please note that using the remote renewal form is now mandatory pursuant to Supreme Court order. Please allow 10-14 days processing time for the renewal.

•If you are changing the address on your driver’s license, you will need to make an in-person visit to the clerk’s office. You MUST bring a piece of mail with your new current address, along with your driver’s license.

•If you have lost your driver’s license/ID, you must present a social security card and a piece of mail to obtain a replacement. If you do not have a social security card, you may call the clerk’s office at 270-247-1733 to discuss other options. You may also use form TC 94-191 if your license was lost/stolen between March 1-September 30, 2020 (and the address on the license is still correct) to replace your license/ID remotely.

•If you are changing the name on your driver’s license, you must change your name at the Social Security Office FIRST and wait at least 24 hours. After doing so, you will need to bring your name changing document (marriage license, divorce decree, court order), new Social Security card (or the letter from the SSA with your new name), and your current driver’s license for an in-person office visit to change the name on your license.

•All CDL holders require an in-person office visit. If you are renewing/replacing a CDL, please make sure that your medical certificate and self-certification are up to date. You can access the CDL self-portal at

•Payment forms accepted are cash and check only.

Clerk Buzanis and her staff would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding during this time. They are operating with a much reduced staff which makes their daily operations challenging. They appreciate and thank the people of Graves County for the support and kindness that they have shown.

Published 10:01 AM, Sunday Aug. 02, 2020
Updated 07:12 PM, Monday Aug. 03, 2020



Most Commented Stories