JPEC Line Technician Shocked, Hospitalized
By West Kentucky Star Staff
PADUCAH, KY - An employee with Jackson Purchase Energy was seriously injured after touching a live electric line while on the job.
In a statement, the utility said a journeyman line technician made contact with a live power line Friday afternoon while work was being performed. They did not release the man's name.
The lineman was taken to Lourdes Hospital and will be airlifted to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville.
Jackson Purchase says the Kentucky Public Service Commission has been notified and an investigation is underway.
In the statement, JPEC President and CEO Dennis Cannon said, “The soul of our organization has been rocked by this injury. All of our focus is now on our fellow employee and his family. We ask that our members and the community please join us in praying for his health, his family, and the medical personnel who are in charge of his care."